When combined with other ingredients, can form nitrosamines, which are carcinogenic. Easily penetrates the skin and can lodge itself in the heart, lungs, liver and brain.
Industrial Use
1. Harsh Floor Cleaners
2. Engine Degreasers
3. Car Wash Detergents
4. Laundry Detergents
Personal Care Products
1. Toothpaste
2. Shampoos
3. Body Gels
4. Bubble Baths
5. Facial Cleansers
6. Baby Wipes
7. Baby Shampoos & Bubble Baths
SLS can damage the immune system; causing separation of skin layers and inflammation of skin. -Journal of the American College of Toxicology; Vol. 2, No. 7, 1983
SLS penetrates into the skin and into the eyes, and is also held in the brain, heart and liver. A single drop stays in the brain and body for a few days - Doctor's worry: Is your baby safe? -By David L. Kern, New health and longevity
SLS is a mutagen. It is capable of changing the information in genetic material found in cells. SLS has been used in studies to induce mutagen in bacteria. -Higuchi, Araya and Higuchi, school of medicine, Tohoku University: Sendai 980 Japan
SLS is a potent carcinogen when contaminated with any nitrosamines. -FDA Report 1978
This is another chemical I avoid at all costs. I was amazed to find it in so many everyday products. The biggest shock to me was that most of the research I'm quoting here is over 30 years old! I don't know about you but I will make sure none of this stuff comes in to my home.
No comments:
Post a Comment